- Subject Guides
- Librarian Subject Specialists
- Recommend a Purchase for Collection
- Ask a Reference Question
- Ask a UC Librarian
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- My Account/Renew Books
- Activate your Library Card
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Scholarly Communication
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Worldwide Web General History Virtual Catalog
- One of the most extensive catalog of websites on all types of history.
- Center for History and New Media: Guide to History on the Web
- Another vast catalog (more than 5,000 entries). This one is searchable. Also links an International guide to History Departments.
- Humbul Humanities Hub
- Another large searchable catalog. Not just history. These entries are also selected and carefully described. Browse by time period is especially useful.
- The History Journals Guide
- This is a searchable, annotated list of International History Journals. It includes links to online tables of contents, where available, and to online articles. It is an excellent way to find out what is being published in European History Journals.
- Online Finding Aids for Microfilm Collections
- This is a list of links to publisher-created guides to Microfilm Collections. Like their print counterparts, these guides vary in length and detail.
- EFTS (Electronic Full-Text Sources)
- A guide to both free and licensed Full-text sources, organized by language as well as topic
- Electronic Texts Collections
- A pathfinder to full text collections of interest to Historians
- The Online Books Page
- A well-organized catalog of more than 18,000 free online books in all subjects. You can either search a specific author or title or browse lists arranged by subject.
- Smithsonian Institution: Digital Collections
- A range of materials from beautifully scanned rare books to the Institution's Annual Reports.
- Library of Congress Country Studies
- These are online monographs providing solid overviews of the history and current condition of around 100 different countries
- An interdisciplinary organization of academics working on the Internet. Where to find listservs on your subject and more.
- UC Libraries United States and British History/Women's Studies Consortia
- Where the UC librarians keep track of systemwide projects and more.
- UC Davis History Department