- Endnote Overview
- EndNote Download
- EndNote Library
- Citations Into EndNote
- Citations Out from EndNote
- About Term Lists
EndNote Filters for Databases at UC Davis
- Request a Custom Class
- How do I...? Guides
- Library How To Videos
- "Where Do I Start" (tutorial)
- Endnote @ UC Davis
- Librarian Subject Specialists
- Library Instruction Staff
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- My Account/Renew Books
- Activate your Library Card
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Scholarly Communication
Endnote @ UC Davis
EndNote is a bibliographic reference manager, one of several on the market today.
It is a great tool for academic research and publishing. Using Endnote, citations can be stored, searched and quickly inserted into research papers in the format of many scholarly journals. Endnote makes identifying and formatting citations for publications a breeze.
It is fairly easy to use with many of the online databases available to the UC Davis community and runs on Windows and Mac OS. It is also compatible with recent versions of Microsoft Word.
UC Davis now has a campus-wide license allowing all current UC Davis students, faculty and staff to install and use EndNote on computers at work and at home.
To download Endnote, go to: http://my.ucdavis.edu/software (http://my.ucdavis.edu/software)
Looking for an introduction to Endnote? The University Library hosts several EndNote workshops throughout the year.
|Tue||Jun 4||11:00am-1:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Wed||Jun 26||12:00pm-2:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Tue||Jul 9||2:00pm-4:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Thu||Aug 8||11:00am-1:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Tue||Aug 20||12:00pm-2:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
EndNote Introduction for Biological / Agricultural Researchers
|Thu||May 30||11:00am-12:30pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Thu||Jun 20||3:00pm-4:30pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Wed||Jul 10||3:30pm-5:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Fri||Aug 2||11:30am-1:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Mon||Aug 26||3:30pm-5:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Thu||Sep 5||11:30am-1:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
|Tue||Sep 17||11:30am-1:00pm||Library Instruction Lab||register|
EndNote at Carlson Health Sciences Library
|Tue||May 28||12:00pm-1:00pm||Carlson Health Sciences Library Conference Room 128||register|
EndNote Training Videos
Below are training videos on the major elements of the EndNote Program. For more information, you are welcome to browse EndNoteâs full selection of training videos on YouTube by going to their channel, EndNote Training.
- EndNote: An Introduction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEgjyY4Oj4)
- A concise introduction to EndNote. Be aware that some of the material for NTU does not apply to UCD, but this should be obvious.
- Library Basics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqK3Gk15X20)
- Another basic introduction to EndNote.
- EndNote X6 Overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnvmDnPzs0&feature=plcp)
- Another introduction to the latest version of EndNote, most useful to previous users of EndNote who wish to see the new capabilities of the latest version.
- Attaching files (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1PFZYNFeQ&feature=plcp)
- A major issue. How to attach full-text files to your citation records.
- Direct Export with Firefox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-_C0igCUp4&feature=plcp)
- One of the major methods for importing records into your EndNote library.
- Sharing References (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVnfZxECVw&feature=plcp)
- An important topic for working in groups with EndNote.
- CWYW Formatting the Bibliography (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1y7B3f5pAg&feature=plcp)
- One of the major functions of EndNote.
- Bibliographies Made Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjIgO5xKQd0&feature=plcp)
- More on bibliographies.
Have a question about Endnote? The following resources can provide support and information:
- EndNote Email Technical Support Request (http://endnote.com/contact/customer-support)
- EndNote provides email and phone support for questions related to using EndNote software.
- UCD IT Express (http://itexpress.ucdavis.edu/)
- Contact IT Express to receive support downloading and installing EndNote on your computer.
- University Library EndNote Email Service Request (http://ask.php)
- The UC Davis University Library provides support for questions related to getting started using EndNote software with library research resources. Please use the EndNote email service request form and indicate your research subject area so the appropriate EndNote liaison can contact you.
Links & Resources
- EndNote LibGuide (http://ucdavis.libguides.com/endnote) A tutorial on the major functions of EndNote.
Filters for Databases at UC Davis
The latest version of EndNote for which the filter instructions apply is posted next to each platform. There are currently no plans to update instructions for the Macintosh for future version after X2. EndNote Web operates independently of version updates.