Other Book Collections
Foot, Isaac. Early English Pamphlet Collection
- Size of the Collection:
- 2,000 Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century English pamphlets.
- History of this Collection:
- This is a subset of the much larger Isaac
Foot Library which was purchased by the University of California in 1962
and divided among several University of California campuses, including UC Davis.
Most of the books that UC Davis received from the Foot Library were added to the
Richard Blanchard Rare Book
Collection. The Isaac Foot Early English Pamphlet Collection was established
to facilitate the cataloging and preservation needs of this important and quite
substantial collection of seventeenth and eighteenth century British pamphlets.
- Overview/ Highlights of Collection:
- This is a significant collection of English pamphlets from the period between
1601 and 1800 in the country. It is especially strong in documenting the period
of the English Civil War and the years of religious and political strife leading
up to and following from this period.
- Items in the collection may be located through the Harvest online catalog by searching:
WPC = (isaac foot)