Pony Express Centennial Association. Records.
Collection Number: D-390
- 10 linear feet
- Incorporated (1958) to commemorate Pony Express centennial (1860/61-1960/61). Widely promoted by Waddell Smith, descendant of an original partner, collector of Pony Express artifacts and authority on company history. President Eisenhower served as honorary chairman. Board of Directors included postmaster general and director of National Park Service.
- By-laws, Articles of Incorporation, and Directives of Association. Also contains Board of Directors minutes, official correspondence, financial records, special committee records, commemorative souvenirs, photographs, and news releases, and correspondence of vice chairman of Association, Edwin H. Burgess (1959-1976).
- Inclusive Dates
- California History
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf6w1008wj)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.