- Photographic Collections
- Media & Digital Collections
- About the University Archives
- About Special Collections
- Print Collections
- Manuscript & Photograph Collections
- University Archives
- Research Projects
- Contact Us
- Use the
- Connect From Off Campus
- For Faculty and Graduate Students
- For Undergraduate Students
- Scholarly Communication
Akins, Samuel B. (1908-1990). Papers.
Collection Number: D-314
- 0.4 linear feet
- Extension agent for the Agricultural Experiment Station in Shafter; worked with the Farm Program Development and Analysis program in Washington, D.C. and helped the Roosevelt Administration set up cotton programs for the New Deal. After his retirement from the USDA in 1950, Akins bought a farm in Strathmore, California, and continued to work on cotton improvements and water conservation.
Correspondence and printed materials, as well as photograph and slides relating to cotton farming and legislation.
- Inclusive Dates
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt409nf3wm/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail email@example.com at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.