Slater, Colby E. "Babe" Collection
Collection Number: D-394
- 5.3 linear feet
- 1917 graduate of the University Farm School (now the University of California, Davis) who served with the United States Army Medical Corps in France during the First World War. An outstanding athlete, Slater won Olympic gold medals for rugby in 1920 and 1924. Around 1927, he bought land in Clarksburg, California where he farmed for many years.
- Correspondence, diaries, publications, ephemera, photographic material, and realia. Most of the collection pertains to Slater and the United States Olympic Rugby Team winning gold medals at the Olympic Games in Antwerp, Belgium (1920) and Paris (1924). The collection also includes material related to the history of the University of California, Davis; the First World War; agriculture; and the history of Yolo County, California
- Inclusive Dates
- 1906-2001, (bulk 1917-1957)
- California History
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://findaid.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt5p3020w9)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.