Hunold, Raymond (1933-2010). Photograph Collection.
Collection Number: D-408
- 55 linear feet
- As the official photographer of the Sierra Storytelling Festival (Nevada City, California) and other festivals, such as the National Festival of Storytelling (Jonesboro, Tennessee), Hunold photographed storytellers in action from 1988 through 2001.
- Over 70,000 images documenting the resurgence of storytelling in the United States as an art form. Included in the collection are storytelling programs and the working records of a freelance photographer. Another aspect of the Hunold Collection was his work as a nature and travel photographer. Hunold's work appeared in textbooks, newspaper articles, and magazines including the New York Times, San Francisco Examiner, Audubon Magazine, National Wildlife and others. Geographic areas include the United States, Mexico, and Europe. Subjects include San Francisco city scenes, western flora and fauna, Native American sites, and national parks and monuments.
- Inclusive Dates
- circa 1951-2002.
- Art and Architecture
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8db8445/)
- Additional Collection Information (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/specol/exhibits/hunold/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.