Davenport, Edward Loomis (1815-1877). Papers.
Collection Number: D-179
- 8 linear feet
- American actor-manager who focused on classical roles; considered second only to Edwin Booth in his portrayal of Hamlet and Richelieu.
- Correspondence, ephemera, financial papers, photographs, programs, promotional materials, and scripts relating the activities of actor-managers E.L. Davenport and McKee Rankin; actors John Drew, Sidney Drew, and Frank Mayo; and poet-playwright Joaquin Miller.
- Inclusive Dates
- Performing Arts
- Additional Collection Information
- Finding Aid on the Online Archive of California (http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8ff3vn1/)
- Many collections are stored offsite and need to be retrieved for your research visit. To begin the request process, researchers should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven business days before visiting. Please wait for confirmation that the collection is available before visiting.