Online Reference Shelf —
Jobs & Careers
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use or On-Campus Use Only
- Click on VPN to
access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
Subject Specific Databases
- AfterCollege (http://www.thejobresource.com/)
- AfterCollege is a service for college students and recent graduates who are looking for entry level jobs, internships, and other opportunities.
- Careers in California Government (http://jobs.ca.gov/)
- Search for California state government jobs and exams, set up profiles and notification system for vacancies and exams.
- Employment at UC Davis (http://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/Emp)
- View job postings and employment information for academic, staff and student positions here at UC Davis and UCDMC, and link to other UC job opportunities.
- JobWeb (http://www.jobweb.com/)
- JobWeb® is a web site of career development and job-search information for college students and new college graduates. Owned and sponsored by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
- MonsterTRAK (http://www.monstertrak.monster.com/)
- Web resource for students and alumni looking for full-time and part-time positions, internships & on-campus employment. (Formerly JobTRAK)
- O*net: the Occupational Information Network (http://online.onetcenter.org/)
- O*net replaces the Department of Labor's Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) as a source of occupational information. It provides information on the knowledge, skills, abilities, interests, preparation, contexts, and tasks associated with more than 1100 occupations. Search by occupation or skills. A crosswalk allows searching by occupational classifications defined in other systems.
- USA Jobs (http://www.usajobs.gov/)
- USAJOBS is the U.S. Government’s official system/program for Federal jobs and employment information. Search job listings, link to applications forms, set up a profile and more through this site.
- UC Davis Internship and Career Center (ICC) (http://iccweb.ucdavis.edu/)
- The ICC site offers a jobs and internship database, student employment listings and links to many helpful job resources. The ICC maintains a Career Resource Library in its South Hall offices.