Online Reference Shelf —
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use or On-Campus Use Only
- Click on VPN to
access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
- Harvest UC Davis Catalog (http://harvest.lib.ucdavis.edu)
- Search for books, journals, and other items in the UC Davis libraries. Harvest contains records for books, journals, archives, music scores, maps, government documents and other material in the UC Davis libraries (excluding Law and departmental libraries).
- Melvyl: The Catalog of the University of California Libraries (http://ucdavis.worldcat.org)
- Search for books, and other items at all UC libraries. The Melvyl contains records for materials (books, journals, movies, maps, music scores and recordings, computer files, dissertations, government documents, etc.) held by the libraries of the ten UC campuses.
- University of California Library Catalogs
- Links to individual campus catalogs. The Melvyl Catalog includes holdings for all UC libraries.
- California Digital Library
- The CDL collects, publishes, preserves, and allows access to the shared collections of the University of California.
- Online Archive of California (OAC) (http://www.cdlib.org/services/dsc/oac/)
A free website that provides over 20,000 collection descriptions for materials housed physically at educational and cultural institutions across California.
- Calisphere (http://www.cdlib.org/services/dsc/calisphere/)
A free website that offers educators, students, and the public direct online access to more than 200,000 primary sources. A public school version of the OAC.
- eScholarship (http://escholarship.org/)
A free website that provides a suite of open access, scholarly publishing services and research tools that enable departments, research units, publishing programs, and individual scholars associated with the University of California to have [b]direct control over the creation and dissemination of the full range of their scholarship[b].
- Center for Research Libraries (http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=23)
- The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is a consortium of North American universities, colleges and independent research libraries. The consortium acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents, archives and other traditional and digital resources for research and teaching. These resources are then made available to member institutions cooperatively, through interlibrary loan and electronic delivery.
- California Academy of Sciences Library (http://libcat.calacademy.org/)
- The Academy Library, founded in 1853, is a research library devoted to natural history and the natural sciences. It is located in San Francisco
- California State Library Catalogs (http://www.lib.state.ca.us/)
- Includes Main Catalog, Braille and Talking Books Catalog, Picture Catalog.
- California State University, Sacramento Library (http://eureka.lib.csus.edu/)
- Students and full-time faculty from UC Davis and other CSU schools can check out items with their current student/faculty ID card.
- Stanford University Libraries Catalog (http://jenson.stanford.edu/)
- Sacramento Public Library (Regional Catalogs) (http://www.saclibrarycatalog.org/search~S37)
- Search the catalogs of the Sacramento Public Library, Colusa County Free Library, Folsom, Sutter, and Woodland Public Library.
- Yolo County Library Online Catalog (http://web-iii.yolocounty.org/)
- Includes collections at Davis Public Library, Woodland Public Library and other branches in the county: Clarksburg, Esparto, Knights Landing, West Sacramento, Winters, Yolo, and the Yolo County Law Library.