General & Multidisciplinary Resource Guides — General/Multidisciplinary
Government Information - California, State & Local
Librarian Subject Specialist
- Patsy Inouye
- firstname.lastname@example.org — (530) 752‑1656 — Special Collections (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/specol/)
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use or On-Campus Use Only
- Click on VPN to
access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
Subject Specific Databases
- California Data and Statistics [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/state/statistics.php)
- Guide to statistics and data by and about the state of California. Links include official California government agency resources, including Department of Finance, California Department of Education, California budget and more.
- California LaborMarketInfo (http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/aspdotnet/databrowsing/empMain.aspx?menuChoice=emp)
- The State of California's Employment Development Department offers a link to InfoUSA's employer directory for the state as part of its Data Library. This database can be searched by keyword, NAICS code, county, or industry.
- California Legislative Information (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/)
- Official site for California legislative information. Links to bill information and status, California law, and legislative publications.
- California Secretary of State Elections Office (http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/)
- Ballot measures, voter information, registering to vote, and more for the state and counties in California.
- California Voter Foundation (http://www.calvoter.org/)
- California online voter guide; information on propositions, congressional and legislative races. Includes political district maps.
- Data.CA.GOV - State of California Data (http://www.data.ca.gov/)
- Includes links to numeric and geographic data covering a variety of topics including demography, health statistics, state contracts, traffic records. Statistics and data sets are available from state agencies and links are provided to other data sources - local, federal and other sources.
- RAND California (http://uclibs.org/PID/113693) VPN
- Rand California (sponsored by the think-tank, RAND) focuses on California and U.S. public policy with an emphasis on statistics. It contains nearly 100 statistical databases, ranging from employment to social security payments to SAT scores. Much of the data is available at the national, state, county, city, and zip code levels. It also features a searchable index of publications from leading California public policy and research institutions.
- California Agency Directory (http://www.ca.gov/CaSearch/Agencies.aspx)
- List and search box for California state agency web sites, and contacts.
- California Roster (http://www.sos.ca.gov/admin/ca-roster.htm)
- The Roster of Public Officials, is a listing of California's public officeholders, including our United States government officials, the Constitutional officers, members of the State Senate and Assembly, the Judicial branch, county officials, and Incorporated city and town officials.
- California State Home page - CA.gov (http://www.ca.gov/)