General & Multidisciplinary Resource Guides — General/Multidisciplinary
Government Information - United States
Librarian Subject Specialist
- Marcia Meister
- email@example.com — (530) 752‑9784 — Humanities, Social Sciences, and Government Information Services (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/hss/)
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use or On-Campus Use Only
- Click on VPN to
access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) Scientific and Technical Information Network (STINET) (http://stinet.dtic.mil/)
- Bibliographic citations for Department of Defense (DOD)reports from 1974 to the present available in the STINET's Scientific and Technical Documents database. Includes selected full-text reports. Also search the DOD Specifications and Standards database and link to full-text copies.
- DOE Information Bridge (Replaced by SciTech Connect) (http://www.osti.gov/scitech/)
- DOE’s Information Bridge has been replaced by SciTech Connect. Provides full-text access to Department of Energy (DOE) sponsored technical reports.
- Coverage: 1995-present
- Energy Citations Database (http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/)
Energy-related reports from DOE's predecessor agencies - ERDA, and AEC (Atomic Energy Commission) are in the Energy Citations Database.
- Energy Citations Database (Replaced by SciTech Connect) (http://www.osti.gov/scitech/)
- The Energy Citations Database has been replaced by SciTech Connect.
- Coverage: 1948-present
- NASA Technical Reports Server (http://ntrs.nasa.gov/)
- Search NASA reports, NACA documents and selected non-NASA archives in the fields of aeronautics, space science, chemistry and materials, engineering, geosciences, life sciences, mathematics and computer sciences, and physics.
- Coverage: 1917-present
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- License to NTIS database via CSA discontinued. See National Technical Reports Library - NTRL (new in fall, 2009) for index and records for all NTIS reports with access to digital content when available. The National Technical Information Service (NTIS), a Commerce Department Agency, is the central source for the public sale of U.S. Government-sponsored research, development, and engineering reports. The NTRL is produced by NTIS.
- NTRL (http://uclibs.org/PID/144637) VPN
Use NTRL to access NTIS bibliographic records plus digitized full text reports for technical reports. The content dates back to 1964.
- NTRL (direct link) (http://ntrl.ntis.gov/) VPN
- NTIS - National Technical Information Service (http://www.ntis.gov/)
NTIS home page; the free site offers information about NTIS, and bibliographic records for technical reports. For access to full text reports, use NTRL (UCD License)
- National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) (http://uclibs.org/PID/144637) VPN
- NTRL (National Technical Reports Library) is from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS). NTRL indexes government-sponsored research, development and technical reports and provides full-text access to reports that have been digitized. Searches over 2 million reports with links to over 500,000 full-text reports. NTRL replaces NTIS via CSA bibliographic database as of 9/2009.
- Coverage: 1964-present