General & Multidisciplinary Resource Guides — General/Multidisciplinary
Government Information - United States
Librarian Subject Specialist
- Marcia Meister
- firstname.lastname@example.org — (530) 752‑9784 — Humanities, Social Sciences, and Government Information Services (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/hss/)
- Restricted to UC Davis Campus and authenticated VPN/Proxy users
- Library Use or On-Campus Use Only
- Click on VPN to
access resource via Library VPN (requires Kerberos login)
Guides to Electronic, Print, and Other Resources
- Congressional Information in Electronic Format [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/guides/congress.php)
- Guide to U.S. congressional and legislative information including links to information about members of congress, bills, laws and regulations. Resources for analyzing congressional policy and tracking bills are included.
- Guide to Government Statistics and Data Resources Online [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/guides/statistics.php)
- A Guide to government statistics and data resources online, including links to Census, agriculture, economic and other statistical data from Federal, California and international organizations.
- Guide to Patent Research [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/federal/patents.php)
- In addition to general information on patent searching, this guide provides links to patent indexing and full-text patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as links to foreign patent resources.
- FBIS and JPRS: Translations on Current Affairs [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/guides/fbis-jprs.php)
- A guide to using collections of FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service) and JPRS (Joint Publications Research Service) translated materials, primarily in microform, in the Government Information and Maps Department. The translations are from foreign broadcasts done by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, an agency of the U.S. Government.
- U.S. Government Documents as Primary Sources [via UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/guides/primary.php)
- Suggested resources published by the U.S. government for research in U.S. history, including online indexes and abstracts and major print collections. Focus is on primary source materials published by U.S. government agencies and by the U.S. congress.
- United States Foreign Policy and Relations; Selected Government Information Resources [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/federal/foreignrelations.php)
- Guide to online and printed resources about United States foreign relations published by the Federal government and other resources. Guide includes free resources as well as licensed databases. Links are included to relevant foreign policy and political science materials, many of them published by the U.S. Department of State.
- United States Foreign Trade: Data and Reference Guide [UC Davis Library] (http://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/govinfo/guides/trade-us.php)
- Suggested resources for finding information on United States foreign trade statistics in electronic and print format. Most links are to Federal government data sources.